There are many materials that are hot and melt. Hot melt is also known as hot melt adhesive or hot melt adhesive (HMA), to be more specific than a hot melt is an adhesive.
Hot melt glue components
In principle, a hot melt adhesive consists of thermoplastic materials. Usually this is
- A polymer such as a EVA or Polyolefin, as a base.
- A resin to increase adhesion and tack.
- One was to make the hot melt thinner and quickly setting.
The above composition is a general standard composition with which the hot melt as an adhesive has become successful
Applications with these hot melt adhesives are:
- Closing of packages
- Assembly of wooden furniture
- Book binding
- Filter production
- Kitchen appliances
Special hot melt adhesives
Over the years, several hot melt adhesives have been developed to use the efficiency of hot melt adhesives for other applications.
- PSA hot melt adhesives
- Production of self-adhesive tapes
- Production of self-adhesive labels
- Self-adhesive closures
- Assembly of products
- PUR hot melt adhesives
- Many applications in wood and furniture construction
- Product assembly
- Construction applications
- Production of insulation material
- Polyamide hot melt adhesives
- As a spacer when stacking stones and roof tiles